New Year, New Challenge

My New Years "Resolutions"/goals are simple this year. I want to only do exercises that I enjoy and be spontaneous whenever possible (i.e. let go a little).

So far, I have been doing well! When I do not feel like working out, I don't do it, and I don't feel guilty or bad about myself. I find that this has made me enjoy exercising more, so when I do feel like exercising, it is a genuine desire/natural instinct. Listening to my body is one of the best things I have done for myself.

I want to be spontaneous whenever possible because life is so much fun when I let go and try interesting new things. Last year I was so uptight all of the time, saying no to fun plans or joining new clubs or challenging myself in general. This past month I have been enjoying listening to how I am feeling and "going with the flow" more. For example, today after class it was nice and sunny. I had a burst of energy, so I decided to walk to Queen St. W. (a 25 minute walk from campus), walk around, observe and shop! I had so much fun being by myself, reflecting, watching people, and soaking in the Toronto culture. Experiences like this allow me to become more comfortable with myself and to grow.

I hope everyone reading this had a fun New Years celebration, and that your first month of 2018 is going well!

à bientôt...

Comments

Popular Posts