My interest in psychology continues...

I am doing a final project (Independent Study Unit, as Canadians call it) for my World History class, and I have discovered something so interesting!

The topic I have chosen is Sabina Spielrein, who was a patient of both Freud and Jung. I plan on discussing the importance of women in the advancement of psychology, along with her specific contributions. What I cam across, though, is that she worked with Jean Piaget.

Jean Piaget was born in Neuchâtel and actually studied here at the University (the Lycée Jean-Piaget) that is right by my school! He studied epistemology in relation to children, and actually developed the theory of genetic epistemology. I just think this is so cool!

He once said, "only education is capable of saving our societies from possible collapse, whether violent, or gradual."
I agree :)

It made me realize that maybe it would be amazing if someday I came back to Neuchâtel to study his theories at the school he went to... or even better, I could start looking into it now! What a small world...

Comments

  1. I think your love of little kids also aligns with Piaget's life-long interest in children and their cognitive development. How fun it would be to learn more about that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I like your blog's neu look (nyuk nyuk nyuk...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Char, I'm a little late to the party, but FINALLY caught up on your blog. It's fantastic! You write really well & your zest for this adventure is evident in every post. Thank you for taking the time & energy; you won't regret it. :) Terri (mom's pal)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts